Wednesday 26 March 2014

Emergency in the ER

Within ten minutes we got the call from E.R. saying they were bringing a 19 year old female, who was brought to the E.R. by her roommate; she had an abortion earlier in the day and when she came back to the dorm, she started bleeding a lot. I worked the nightshift most of my nursing life. I never had any problem sleeping during the daytime, but many people absolutely cannot sleep during the day. The extra money was also nice. I worked as a registered nurse both floor work, endoscopy, and surgery. Surgery on the night shift could be slow, routine, or insane. There were the appendicitis cases, gunshot wounds, ruptured aortas (we called in the heart team for those), broken bones and auto accidents. There were some nights that still stay with me; this is one of them.



from Health-and-Fitness Articles from EzineArticles.com http://ift.tt/1drzGZs

via Health and Fitness

No comments:

Post a Comment